We’re a big fan of Google Apps because of the consumer-centric nature of the experience, the seamless integration across applications and devices, easy to set up security requirements and restrictions, and the ability to run analytics to improve efficiency of use. Google Apps is well-suited for healthcare, and reasonably priced for businesses of any size (especially considering many organizations in aging services lack the IT expertise to effectively and efficiently manage local resources).
So how can Google Apps drive efficiency and help your organization?
- Gmail, which millions of people use for their email already: powerful, intuitive UI, and massive storage.
- Drive: A shared server and secure document portal for sharing materials internally, with trusted partners, and with the general community or prospective residents. Drive also makes collaborative editing of documents, presentations and spreadsheets a snap, which can save enormous amounts of time when writing P&Ps, preparing actions plans, or creating Board presentations.
- Calendars: Intuitive calendaring platform that’s easy to share and simple to create group and resource (e.g., room, equipment, etc) calendars.
- Storage space: 30GB per user is included.
- Hangouts: A fantastic combination of instant messaging, video conferencing, and outbound call manager. Video calling is particularly valuable when you need to quickly touch base with someone about a sensitive topic and want more interaction than a phone call, but don’t need actual face-to-face contact.
- Vault: An add-on that makes it simple to archive, retain and respond to discovery requests.
- Remote, secure access: Google Apps is easily accessible from any location, any time, securely.
- Integrated MDM features. Provides an easy way for IT staff to manage personal mobile devices to help ensure security and compliance.
- Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook. Many people find Outlook easy to use– or at least familiar. With GASMO, you can continue to use Outlook on desktop computers to manage Google Apps email and calendar functions.
- See a full list of features here.
Be sure to check out the use case video of SF Bay Pediatrics available here, which highlights a lot of the healthcare-specific benefits in action.
Google Apps for Business starts at $50/ year/ user, which easily pays for itself with most small to mid-sized organizations. For a limited time, eSSee Consulting is also able to offer a coupon for $10 off the first year of service if you would like to set up the service on your own, or a complete assessment and implementation package for organizations without the on-site IT capabilities. Contact us to learn more or to get a coupon code.