We’re excited to be a part of the 38,000 IT and Healthcare professionals gathering in Orlando for HIMSS 2014. With speakers including Hilary Clinton, Karen DeSalvo, and Marilyn Tavenner, along with a massive education schedule, we’re bound to see and hear some amazing ideas and stories. We’re also looking forward to the vendor Expo to see what’s up and coming on the technology/ product side.
A few things we’re hoping or would like to see:
- Collaborative care platforms, such as Caremerge, with focus on LTC settings.
- E-call systems with integrated RFID tracking, motion/ moisture/ impact sensors, texting input and output, and NFC-activated staff response and care plan availability.
- Mobile based or other innovative “over-bed careplans.”
- EMRs that facilitate person-centered practices rather than institutional documentation needs.
- New passive sensor deployments and opportunities in community-based living.
- Massive Open Online Courseware ideas and deployments for staff/ resident/ family training, including those with a focus away from long, static lecture styles.
- Medical devices with seamless integration into EMRs and point-of-care databases.
If you’re attending the conference, drop us a line; we’d love to get in touch!